Lobster Newburg In Patty Shells
Yield: 10 servings
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 cups chopped, cooked lobster
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 10 baked commercial patty shells
- Melt butter in top of a double boiler over simmering water; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add whipping cream; cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Stir in salt, paprika, and nutmeg.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into yolks; return yolk mixture to remaining hot mixture. Continue to cook over boiling water until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in lobster and sherry. Spoon evenly into patty shells.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes