- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 cups chopped, cooked lobster
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 10 baked commercial patty shells
How to Make It
Melt butter in top of a double boiler over simmering water; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add whipping cream; cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Stir in salt, paprika, and nutmeg.
Stir a small amount of hot mixture into yolks; return yolk mixture to remaining hot mixture. Continue to cook over boiling water until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in lobster and sherry. Spoon evenly into patty shells.