You'll need a large jicama to get long graceful-looking strips. But don't worry about buying too much: The leftovers can be used as a low-fat snack or tidbit. Put the remaining jicama strips on a plate with lime wedges and a pepper shaker filled with chili powder. To eat, squeeze a lime wedge over the slices and then spinkle with chili powder.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 186
- Calories from fat: 5%
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 19.5g
- Carbohydrate: 26.8g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 595mg
- Calcium: 85mg
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 3/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded serrano chile
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 head Belgian endive (about 1/4 pound)
- 2 (1 1/2-pound) lobsters, cooked
- 8 cups gourmet salad greens
- 32 (9 x 1/2 x 1/8-inch) strips peeled jicama
- 24 asparagus spears, steamed and chilled
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well.
- Combine 3 tablespoons juice mixture, mango, onion, chile, and mint in a bowl, and stir well. Set mango mixture aside.
- Separate endive into leaves, reserving 12 outer leaves. Thinly slice the remaining leaves; set aside.
- Remove meat from lobster tails and claws; set claw meat aside. Thinly slice tail meat; set aside.
- Drizzle 1/3 cup juice mixture over the salad greens, and toss gently to coat. Divide greens evenly among 4 salad plates. Arrange 3 endive leaves, 8 jicama strips, and 6 asparagus spears on 1 side of each plate. Arrange claw meat on other side of each plate. Spoon 1/2 cup mango mixture in center of each plate. Arrange tail slices, overlapping, on top of mango mixture. Drizzle remaining juice mixture evenly over lobster meat. Sprinkle pepper over salads, and garnish with sliced endive.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes