- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely diced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon chopped saffron threads
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 12 ounces uncooked lobster tail meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Gruyère cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated white Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup panko
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chervil
How to Make It
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
Preheat broiler to high. Grease 4 (2-cup) ovenproof ramekins with 1 teaspoon butter.
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, thyme, and saffron; sauté 2 minutes or until translucent. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture and remaining 2 cups milk to pan; bring to a simmer. Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add lobster and next 4 ingredients; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in cooked penne and cheeses. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dishes.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small microwave-safe dish on HIGH for 30 seconds. Combine melted butter, panko, and chervil in a bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle panko mixture over top of pasta mixture. Broil 2 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes.