Lobster Fried Jasmine Rice with Spicy Cranberry and Wasabi Sauces
- SPICY SAUCE:
- 2 ripe guavas, peeled and quartered
- 4 ounces cranapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Asian red chili sauce
- WASABI CREAM SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons wasabi paste or powder
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- LOBSTER FRIED RICE:
- 2 (About 1 1/2 lb ea) lobsters, steamed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 cups Mahatma® or Carolina® Jasmine Rice, cooked, cooled
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced thin
- Split lobster tails in half and remove meat; keep warm. Remove claw and knuckle meat; chop and reserve. Reserve heads and claws for garnish, if desired.
In a blender combine spicy sauce ingredients and puree. Strain and reserve.
In a small bowl, combine wasabi, sour cream and heavy cream. Mix well and reserve.
Heat oil in wok over high heat. Add garlic and sauté briefly. Add rice and stir-fry, breaking up any clumps. Add bean sprouts and peas and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add sesame oil and egg and toss to coat rice. Cook 2 more minutes. Add reserved chopped lobster and season with salt and pepper to taste.
To plate, pool a little of the sauces on a plate. Top with 1/2 lobster tail and a generous serving of fried rice. Garnish with lobster shell, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This