Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 Recipe see below
- 1/2 lb lobster meat, cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon lobster base (better than boulion)
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 In a saute pan heat a little oil over med-high heat and saute shallots, onions, and garlic for one minute.
- 2 Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- 3 Add the worcestershire, tabasco, and thyme and saute for another minute.
- 4 Deglaze the pan with the sherry.
- 5 Add the paprika, hot water and lobster base and combine well.
- 6 Stir in tomato paste and add the bay leaves.
- 7 Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 8 Whisk in heavy cream and the butter and bring to a boil.
- 9 Add the lobster and simmer until cooked through.
- Serve with crusty garlic bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lobster Bisque Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews