too much stuff, not enough "bread". if i made this again i would reduce the amount of cranberries, nuts, etc.
Loaded Zucchini Bread
Turn this abundant summer vegetable into a sweet treat by baking it into Loaded Zucchini Bread.
More From Allyou
Bake: 1 Hour
- Calories: 286
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 169mg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 2 9-by-5-inch loaf pans. Tap a thin layer of flour into each to coat; discard excess.
- 2. Sift both flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg and salt into a medium bowl. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- 3. Reduce mixer speed to low and add half of flour mixture, then buttermilk, then remaining flour mixture, beating after each addition until just combined. Scrape bowl and beaters as needed. Fold in zucchini, cranberries, pecans, coconut, crystallized ginger and chocolate. Divide batter between loaf pans, spreading evenly. Bake until loaves are golden and a skewer inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let loaves cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and let cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note