Loaded Turkey Santa Fe Baked Potato Skins
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 7 whole(s) Medium Russet potatoes washed and dried
- 1/2 pound(s) lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1 piece(s) hot pickled serrano or jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) cilanto chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- kosher salt to taste
- 14 tablespoon(s) reduced fat shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped scallions
- reduced fat sour cream
- Pierce potato with a fork a few times all around. Place in microwave and cook on high about 5 minutes per potato. When finished, allow to cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes in half horizontally. Scoop out potatoes (I save the extra potato to make skinny garlic mashed potatoes the next day) leaving about 1/4 inch thick wall, skins will weigh about 1 oz each.
- In a large skillet brown the turkey and season with salt. When the turkey is browned, add onion, garlic, black beans, cilantro, serrano pepper, diced tomatoes, and cumin. Mix well and simmer on low, covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid, add corn and simmer an additional 5-10 minutes or until all the liquid reduces.
- Heat oven to 450°. Lightly spray potato skins on both sides with oil and place a foil lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and bake skins for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add 1/4 cup meat filling into each potato skin, top with 1 tbsp shredded cheese and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and scallions. Enjoy!!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Supermom7738 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Loaded Turkey Santa Fe Baked Potato Skins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers