I used full fat ingredients and doubled the bacon and got rave reviews at a family cookout. Not a during the week dinner side, but a good guilty indulgence occasionally (if you make it like I did). :)
Loaded Potato Salad
This family-friendly side takes your favorite spud toppings—sour cream, cheese, and bacon—and combines them in a cool potato salad.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 131
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 14.1mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 352mg
- Calcium: 90mg
- 3 medium-size baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 precooked bacon slices
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 30 minutes or just until tender; drain. Cool to touch (about 15 minutes), and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 2. While potatoes cool, combine sour cream and next 4 ingredients.
- 3. Cook bacon in microwave according to package directions to crisp. Cool and crumble.
- 4. Combine potato cubes, cheese, and green onions in a large bowl. Stir sour cream mixture into potato mixture, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note