Loaded Potato Packets
Top servings with sour cream and sliced green onions... oh-so good! These foil packets are great for baking ahead and keeping warm en route to a picnic. You'll need to double the recipe for this menu; make two packets rather than one large one.
- 3 baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon drippings reserved from bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Arrange potatoes on half of a lightly greased 30-inch length of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Top with onion; sprinkle with garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Drizzle with reserved drippings; add butter, crumbled bacon and cheese. Fold aluminum foil loosely over potatoes; seal edges of packet tightly. Place on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes. Open carefully and check for doneness; return to oven for a few minutes longer, if necessary.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This