Loaded Nachos (Diabetic Living Low Carb Cooking)
- 8- 6inch corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup(s) part -skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 ounce(s) fat-free cream cheese softened
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground turmeric
- 8 ounce(s) ground beef
- 1 recipe of homemade Taco Seasoning see prep instructions
- 1 cup(s) tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) green or red sweet pepper chopped
- 1/4 can(s) green onions sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper stemmed,seeded thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) chunky salsa
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges. Place tortilla wedges in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Coat wedges with cooking spray. Bake 10-13 minutes or until crisp and golden brown on edges. Set aside.
- 2, Meanwhile, for the cheese sauce , in a small saucepan melt butter over med.heat
- stir in flour until combined. Whisk in milk until smooth. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook 2 minutes more . Stir in mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and paprika and turmeric. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Reduce heat to low. Keep cheese sauce warm over low heat until needed stirring occasionally.
- 3. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray, heat skillet over med heat. Add meat cook until browned, drain off fat. Stir the water and Homemade taco seasoning into meat in skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until most of the water is gone.
- 4. To serve: arrange tortilla wedges on a serving plate. Top with meat,cheese sauce, tomato, sweet pepper, green onions and chile pepper if desired. Serve with cilantro.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning: in a small bowl combine 2 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. ground cumin, 1/2 -1 tsp. black pepper, 1/2 tsp. ground coriander. 1/8 tsp. ground chipotle chile pepper and 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reedcheryla and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note