- 1 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 32 multigrain tortilla chips (about 3 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 32 pickled jalapeño pepper slices (optional)
- Fresh salsa
- calories 138
- fat 7.1 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 1.7 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 7.5 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- iron 0.8 mg
- sodium 323 mg
- calcium 175 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine refried beans, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and 2 tablespoons green onions in a 1-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
Place chips on a large jelly-roll pan. Dollop bean mixture over chips; top with cheese. Bake at 375° for 4 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven. Dollop sour cream over cheese; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cilantro and 2 tablespoons green onions. Garnish with jalapeño pepper slices, if desired. Serve immediately with salsa.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.