Loaded Mashed Potatos
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) Block sharp cheddar cheese - grated
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 12 ounce(s) Carton of sour cream
- 1.5 pound(s) Cooked bacon, julienned
- 2 teaspoon(s) Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads garlic
- 6 pound(s) Idaho potatos - peeled and quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut tops off 2 garlic heads. Wrap in foil and roast for 30 minutes. When cool enough to handle remove the flesh from the garlic heads and set aside.
- In a large stockpot, cook potatoes in enough salted water to cover for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return to stockpot. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth; adding salt, pepper, butter, garlic and sour cream. With a spatula stir in cheese and bacon. Add more salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tri160jmpr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note