This is a good, solid recipe, but really nothing more than that. Admittedly I did use nonfat and low fat dairy products, but I don't think using the full fat varieties would add all that much. Although there is some cooking time involved, it's a very easy recipe to throw together and makes a very nice presentation at the table.
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- 5 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 8-oz. container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- Combine all ingredients except Cheddar cheese and bacon in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium high speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon into a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan; top with Cheddar cheese and bacon. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note