Loaded Garlic Smashed Potatoes
2 med garlic bulbs 1 T olive oil 6 bacon strips 1 bunch of green onions, chopped 4 pounds of red potatoes 1 16 oz container of sour cream 1.5 cups of shredded cheddar cheese 1/3 cup butter, softened 1/4 cup milk 1/2 t salt 1/4 t pepper Garnish: chopped fresh chives
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 pound(s) potatoes
- Drizzle garlic bulbs with oil and wrap in foil. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes
- Squeeze pulp from garlic; set aside.
- Cook bacon and remove and drain (reserve 2 T of drippings) and return to skillet and add green onions.
- Peel half the potatotes and cook for 20 - 25 minutes and drain and mash with garlic pulp, bacon mixture, sour cream and 1 cup of cheese and butter, milk and salt and pepper.
- Spoon into greased 13 by 9 pan and top with remaining cheese and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mtraync and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note