Community Recipe from
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 1/2 lbs)
- salt & pepper
- 6 slice(s) bacon, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese or pecorino romano cheeses, grated
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 1 pound(s) spaghetti
- 2 cup(s) frozen peas
- 1. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot.
- 2. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt & pepper.
- 3. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- 4. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate.
- 5. Reserve 2 tablespoons fat.
- 6. Cook chicken in 1 tablespoon fat in now empty skillet until well browned and
- cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- 7. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil.
- 8. Let rest 5 minutes, then slice thin crosswise and reserve.
- 9. Whisk eggs and cheese in medium bowl.
- 10. Heat remaining fat in now empty skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- 11. Add garlic and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook until fragrant, about 30
- 12. Stir in wine and simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 13. Slowly whisk wine mixture into egg mixture.
- 14. Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente.
- 15. Reserve 1 cup cooking water.
- 16. Place peas in colander, drain pasta and transfer pasta and peas to pot.
- 17. Stir in chicken, egg-wine mixture and bacon, adding reserved water as
- 18. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JudyFerraro and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
LOADED CARBONARA Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes