Absolutely NOTHING needs to be changed on this recipe. I LOVE it, my family loves it! Everyone I have ever made it for LOVES it! Awesome, awesome, awesome!
Loaded Barbecue Baked Potato Casserole
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 6 bacon slices
- 1 (22-oz.) package frozen mashed potatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups (12 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) container light sour cream
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 cups shredded barbecue pork or beef
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- 2. Stir together reserved bacon drippings, potatoes, next 5 ingredients, and 2 cups Cheddar cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes. Stir in sour cream and chiles until well blended.
- 3. Spoon potato mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with bacon and remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Arrange pork evenly over cheese. Drizzle barbecue sauce evenly over pork.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note