Absolutely NOTHING needs to be changed on this recipe. I LOVE it, my family loves it! Everyone I have ever made it for LOVES it! Awesome, awesome, awesome!
Loaded Barbecue Baked Potato Casserole
We streamlined Linda Wells's luscious casserole with frozen mashed potatoes and barbecue pork from the supermarket to make it more weeknight friendly.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 6 bacon slices
- 1 (22-oz.) package frozen mashed potatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups (12 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) container light sour cream
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 cups shredded barbecue pork or beef
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- 2. Stir together reserved bacon drippings, potatoes, next 5 ingredients, and 2 cups Cheddar cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes. Stir in sour cream and chiles until well blended.
- 3. Spoon potato mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with bacon and remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Arrange pork evenly over cheese. Drizzle barbecue sauce evenly over pork.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note