Excellent...but simple recipe! The oregano and the green onions was what put it over the top. I didnt have any feta cheese...so I just used some parmesan...
Loaded Baked Potatoes
Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Fonda Shaia
These twice-baked potatoes filled with cheese and topped with bacon are doubly good. Oregano and crisp green onions add even more flavor.
This recipe goes with Baked-Potato Soup
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 potato half)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 251
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 44.7g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 320mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly. Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp into a large bowl, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Mash pulp with a potato masher. Add milk and cream cheese to mashed potato; stir with a whisk. Add feta cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper; stir well. Spoon potato mixture into shells. Place on a baking sheet; bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons green onions; top with bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note