Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) bacon roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 large carrot peeled & diced
- 3/4 cup(s) diced celery
- 4 large russet potatoes peeled & diced
- 4 medium red potatoes diced
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 cup(s) chicken
- coarse salt, freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- Garnishes: Bacon bits, sour cream, shredded cheese
- 1.In a 6- to 8-quart stockpot over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp.
- 2.Remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving half for garnish. In bacon fat, cook onions, carrots, and celery until the onions are translucent. Add potatoes and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3.Whisk in flour and stir constantly over low heat until the flour is cooked and the mixture has thickened slightly, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add chicken stock and half of the bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4.Over medium-high heat, bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Mash some of the potatoes for thicker, creamier texture. Add whipping cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5.Adjust thickness by adding water or stock. Soup should have a creamy consistency.
- 6.Season to taste, and garnish with toppings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Delacy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews