My husband and daughters loved this recipe. Very easy to put together.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
During a visit to my sister & brother in law we had dinner at a restuarant and ordered their baked potato soup. Afterwards I tried to find a recipe that would duplicate their recipe but I didn't. So I decided to come up with my own. The family LOVED it. It is now a family favorite especially during the cold fall and winter months. Just add some homemade yeast rolls and you have a great meal!
Yield: 4 servings
Community Recipe from
- 4 whole(s) Potatoes baked
- 8 slice(s) bacon cooked
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 14 ounce(s) chicken broth
- 4 cup(s) milk
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 1/4 cup(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 ounce(s) sour cream
- Bake potatoes and set aside to cool. Fry bacon and set aside to drain well, then crumble. In 3 ½ qt. sauce pan, melt butter over med. heat. Add flour and whisk for 1 – 2 min. until smooth and creamy. Add broth slowly, add milk and cook until thick, about 10 minutes. DO NOT BOIL. Add potatoes cut up in chunks, pepper, salt, onion, bacon, and cheese. Simmer until heated. Add sour cream.
- Serve the soup with toppings just like a baked potato. Put extra green onions, sour cream, bacon, and cheddar cheese on top. If serving this to company you might want to double the recipe. Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SheilaVarn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note