- 3 cups golden raisins
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 (8-ounce) packages chopped candied red cherries
- 2 (4-ounce) packages chopped candied citron
- 4 cups pecan halves
How to Make It
Combine raisins and bourbon in a medium mixing bowl, stirring well; let stand 1 hour.
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beating until well blended.
Sift together flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; add to creamed mixture, stirring well. Stir in cherries, citron, reserved raisins, and pecan halves.
Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.