- 3/4 pound ground chuck
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced calves' liver
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place meat and liver in a Dutch oven with water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; drain well, reserving broth in a heavy saucepan.
- Grind ground chuck and liver with a meat grinder, using the finest blade. Add onion; grind a second time.
- Combine meat mixture, flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir in 1/4 cup reserved broth. Bring remaining broth to a boil. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls into boiling broth, allowing room for expansion. Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes. Remove liver nips from broth to a warm serving platter. Repeat procedure with remaining meat mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This