- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 pounds pork liver, finely chopped
- 4 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups beef broth
- Sauté onion in butter until tender. Combine onion, liver, breadcrumbs, eggs, flour, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; stir until well blended.
- stir until well blended. Bring broth to a boil in a small Dutch oven. Drop liver mixture by teaspoonfuls into boiling broth. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes. Remove dumplings with a slotted spoon to a warm platter; discard cooking liquid. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Dips/Spreads