Lively Lemon Tossed Salad
For variations of this recipe, Lemon-Chicken Salad, see below.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 Fresh Preserved Lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 medium lemon)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata or ripe olives
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Mixed salad greens
- Rinse preserved lemon; remove pulp, and discard. Cut rind into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Whisk together lemon juice and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add lemon rind, tomato, and next 5 ingredients, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Serve over salad greens.
- Lively Lemon-Chicken Salad: Double the lemon juice mixture, reserving half for tomato mixture. Place 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves in a shallow dish or large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining half of lemon juice mixture over chicken. Cover or seal, and chill 20 minutes. Remove chciken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Cook chicken in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with tomato mixture over lettuce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This