Littleneck Clams with Cilantro-Black Walnut Pesto
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup black walnuts
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 40 Littleneck clams, scrubbed
- Garnish: chopped pimiento
- Process first 8 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth; set pesto aside.
- Bring wine, chopped garlic, and shallot to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add clams, and cook 5 minutes or until clams open. Drain and cool.
- Remove clams from shells, reserving 40 half shells. Chill clams at least 1 hour.
- Stir pesto into clams; spoon 1 clam and pesto into each reserved shell. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Littleneck Clams with Cilantro-Black Walnut Pesto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Hors d'Oeuvres
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining
- CUISINE: American, New England
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Nuts, Shellfish
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Blender, Steam
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, Birthdays/Anniversaries, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes Like This