- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup black walnuts
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 40 Littleneck clams, scrubbed
- Garnish: chopped pimiento
How to Make It
Process first 8 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth; set pesto aside.
Bring wine, chopped garlic, and shallot to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add clams, and cook 5 minutes or until clams open. Drain and cool.
Remove clams from shells, reserving 40 half shells. Chill clams at least 1 hour.
Stir pesto into clams; spoon 1 clam and pesto into each reserved shell. Garnish, if desired.