"Little Nanny's" Blackberry Jam Cake
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup blackberry jam
- Cream butter and sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks, beating mixture well.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk, stirring well; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa, cinnamon, and allspice; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in blackberry jam.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 - inch Bundt pan. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely. Spoon glaze over top of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note