Little Gem Wedge Salad
We've updated the classic wedge salad, using homemade blue cheese dressing and flavorful Little Gem lettuce in place of the traditional iceberg.
More From Sunset
Chill: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 184
- Calories from fat: 74%
- Protein: 8.5g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 4.7g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 556mg
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces blue cheese, at room temperature, crumbled and divided
- 2 heads (about 1 lb.) Little Gem lettuces*, trimmed and halved, or hearts of romaine
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk, salt, garlic powder, and 2 tbsp. water in a medium bowl. Stir in half the cheese, mashing with the back of a spoon to smear into dressing. Chill 30 minutes.
- 2. Set a lettuce half on each plate. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with parsley and pepper.
- *A mini romaine, Little Gem lettuce has sweet, crunchy, and densely packed leaves. Find it at farmers' markets and well-stocked grocery stores.
- Make ahead: For dressing, up to 3 hours, chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note