Little Bitty Cakes
Yield: 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Faux Fondant
- Buttercream Frosting
- Candied Flowers and Raspberries
- Beat butter or margarine at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in vanilla. Spoon into lightly greased miniature muffin pans, filling three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
- Insert a small fork into bottom of a cake, and dip in Faux Fondant, making sure to cover top and sides. Place upright on a wire rack until set. Repeat procedure with remaining cakes and fondant.
- Spoon Buttercream Frosting into a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag. Pipe a dollop of frosting onto each cake, and decorate with Candied Flowers and Raspberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts