- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves, divided
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves
- 1 HEAT oven to 350°.
- 2 SPRAY a 9-inch round tart pan with removable bottom with no-stick cooking spray.
- 3 FINELY chop the almonds in a food processor. Add flour and sugar, pulsing to combine. Separate one egg; set aside egg white.
- 4 ADD egg yolk, remaining whole egg, butter, lemon peel and almond extract to flour mixture. Process or mix until dough forms a ball.
- 5 REMOVE scant 1/3 of dough. Flatten, wrap and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour or until manageable. Press remaining dough in bottom and 1-inch up sides of the prepared tart pan. Spread 1/2 cup apricot preserves evenly over dough.
- 6 ROLL remaining dough on floured surface or between sheets of waxed paper, into a 9 1/2 x 5-inch rectangle. Cut into ten (1/2-inch-wide) strips. Place one strip across center of torte. Place second strip on each side, about 2 inches in from edge. Repeat in other direction. Place a strip between center and edge strips in each direction. Press strips to edge. Trim off evenly with knife or pastry wheel. Brush strips with reserved egg white.
- 7 SPOON remaining apricot preserves and raspberry preserves in alternate spaces between strips.
- 8 Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Serve warm or cool.
- TIP If crust bubbles up during baking, poke with wooden tooth pick to break bubbles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Linzer Torte Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes Like This