- 1 cup almonds
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
How to Make It
In a food processor or blender, finely grind almonds. If using a blender, pour ground nuts into a bowl.
To almonds, add flour, butter, sugar, egg yolks, orange peel, cocoa, cinnamon, and cloves.
Whirl in food processor or rub with your fingers until dough holds together.
Pack into a firm ball, then pinch off and reserve 1/2 cup dough
Firmly press remaining dough evenly over bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch cake pan with removable rim.