Delicate to make but very delicious. Made for a Cookie Exchange. They were a hit. Go very well with coffee or hot tea!
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Powdered sugar
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer; gradually add 1 cup powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Roll each portion to a 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut with a 3-inch star-shaped cutter. Cut centers out of half of cookies with a 1 1/2-inch star-shaped cutter. Place all stars on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes; cool on wire racks. Spread solid cookies with jam; sprinkle remaining stars with powdered sugar. Top each solid cookie with a hollow star.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note