- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 (6.5-ounce) cans chopped clams, drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine (optional)
How to Make It
Prepare linguine according to package directions; drain. Keep warm.
Sauté garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes. Add clam juice and crushed red pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in clams and next 4 ingredients; simmer 3 minutes. Toss with pasta and, if desired, 1 tablespoon butter. Serve immediately.