Ok, so I cheated...I used a can of clams and dried parsley. The small can had the exact amount of juice called for. Then, I served sprinkled with seasoned Italian breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan. (This made the dish.) Delicious! The best pantry scavenger meal ever!
Linguine with White Clam Sauce
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 431
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Sodium: 488mg
- 1/2 pound linguine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 dozen littleneck clams
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup clam juice or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil; add pasta and cook, stirring often, until al dente. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and stir until fragrant and golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add littleneck clams, wine and juice. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until clams open, 6 to 8 minutes. (Remove each clam with tongs as it opens and discard those that do not open.) Transfer open clams to each of 4 shallow bowls.
- Add linguine to clam cooking liquid and toss well. Transfer pasta to each bowl on top of clams. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley right before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes