Linguine with Walnuts, Green Beans, and Feta
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 520
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Carbohydrate: 51g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Sodium: 273mg
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- 1 cup walnut halves or pieces
- 12 ounces dried linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces slender green beans (1/4 in. thick) such as haricots verts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (5 oz.)
- 1. Put walnuts in a 10- by 15-inch pan and bake in a 350° oven until golden under skins (break one to check), 8 to 10 minutes. Pour from pan. Increase oven temperature to 500°.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a covered 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 1/2 quarts water to a boil. Stir in linguine and boil, uncovered, until barely tender to bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and return to pan.
- 3. Trim ends from green beans; rinse and drain beans. In the 10- by 15-inch pan, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and green beans; spread level in pan. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast in a 500° oven until green beans just begin to brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 4. In a large serving bowl, combine walnut oil, lemon peel, and feta cheese. Add pasta, walnuts, and green beans; mix gently. Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
- Wine pairing: A crisp Sauvignon Blanc or Albariño, with flavors of lemon and minerals, is a spot-on match for the lemon and green beans in the pasta. Pinot Gris brings out the richness of the walnut oil and nuts.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This