Lots of noodles with very little flavor. Way too much work.
Linguine With Two Sauces
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 349
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Carbohydrate: 54.8g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 527mg
- Calcium: 172mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups sliced cremini or button mushrooms (about 12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat, reduced-sodium Swiss cheese (such as Alpine Lace)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 cups hot cooked linguine (about 1 pound uncooked pasta)
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Fresh oregano sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add basil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and tomatoes; cook over low heat 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Place a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes. Remove from saucepan, and set aside. Add flour to saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Place flour mixture over medium heat, and cook until thick (about 3 minutes), stirring constantly. Stir in Swiss cheese, wine, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook until cheese melts (about 1 minute), stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms.
- Combine linguine and mushroom sauce in a large bowl. Spoon linguine mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread tomato sauce evenly over the linguine mixture, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with oregano sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables