This recipe turned out great! My husband & I loved it. I doubled the recipe so we could have left overs. I added chicken breast that I baked in the oven, seasoned with salt & pepper. Next time I'm going to add some crushed red pepper for a little bit of a kick. I was pleasantly surprised at how much sauce this recipe made...usually Cooking Light pasta sauce + pasta recipes don't have enough sauce for me but this recipe had plenty of sauce.
Linguine with Two-Cheese Sauce
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup pasta mixture and 1 teaspoon basil)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 376
- Fat: 13.7g
- Saturated fat: 6.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 16.2g
- Carbohydrate: 47.4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 547mg
- Calcium: 258mg
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; keep warm.
- 2. While pasta cooks, combine milk, 2 teaspoons basil, salt, and pepper in a bowl; stir milk mixture with a whisk.
- 3. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add flour to pan, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add milk mixture; cook for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and add 1 1/2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano and mascarpone cheese to milk mixture. Add cheese mixture to pasta; toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining 4 teaspoons basil and remaining 1/2 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes