Linguine with Tuna, Olives, and Tomatoes
Time: 25 minutes. Salty green olives, capers, and chile give a delicious spark to this dish, setting it leagues beyond good old tuna and noodles.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 495
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrate: 68g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sodium: 739mg
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- 3/4 pound whole-wheat linguine
- 12 pimento-stuffed green olives
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 chopped serrano chile
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz.) oil-packed albacore tuna (look for pole- or troll-caught), drained
- Chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1. Cook pasta as package directs, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse olives, garlic, capers, and chile into a paste.
- 3. In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook paste in olive oil, stirring, until slightly thickened. Add tomatoes, tuna, drained pasta, and reserved cooking water. Cook and stir a few minutes to blend flavors. Add parsley and salt to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes