Linguine with Tomatoes, Baby Zucchini and Herbs
Photo: © John Kernick
"This dish makes you understand the less-is-more approach of Italian cooking," says Andreas Viestad about his pasta tossed with a raw tomato-and-zucchini sauce.
- 1 pound tomatoes, cored and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 small red chile, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces linguine
- 3 baby zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the basil, parsley, garlic, salt, chile and olive oil.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine until al dente; drain well. Add the linguine to the bowl along with the sliced zucchini and toss. Add the 1/4 cup of grated cheese, toss again and serve in bowls, passing more cheese at the table.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes