Linguine with Spinach, Arugula and Lemon Parmesan Cream
Colorful and tasty, this linguine serves up equally well as a side dish or the main course. Lemon zest and Organic Valley Parmesan build the flavor of the hearty cream sauce.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) organic half-and-half
- 2 lemon zest grated
- .5 cup(s) parmesan cheese shredded
- 12 ounce(s) linguine fresh
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- .25 cup(s) shallots finely chopped
- 6 cup(s) fresh spinach leaves stems removed
- 2 cup(s) arugula coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Combine half & half and lemon zest in a saucepan. Heat over medium-high flame until the cream has reduced to about 1 1/2 cups. Turn off heat. Whisk in the Parmesan a little at a time. Keep sauce warm.
- 2. While sauce is reducing, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add linguine and cook until barely tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium flame. Add shallots and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Raise heat to medium-high and add spinach and arugula. Cook briefly, stirring often, until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. When linguine is done, drain it then toss it with the sauce and greens. Serve pronto.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliecook1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note