- 8 ounces hot or mild Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 onion (8 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen shelled soybeans or 2 1/4 cups refrigerated cooked shelled soybeans
- 8 ounces dried linguine
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian or regular parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (see notes)
- Salt and pepper
- calories 621
- caloriesfromfat 42 %
- protein 36 g
- fat 29 g
- satfat 8.5 g
- carbohydrate 57 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- sodium 511 mg
- cholesterol 46 mg
How to Make It
Pull sausages into chunks and put in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often to crumble meat, until sausage is browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Add broth and soybeans and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until beans are hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil. Add linguine and stir occasionally until barely tender to bite, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain pasta and return to pan.
Add sausage-soybean mixture to linguine and stir over medium heat until hot. Mix in parsley, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a serving bowl.