Linguine with Shrimp Scampi
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) kosher salt plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 3/4 pound(s) linguine
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 1 pound(s) shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 lemon thinly sliced in half rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) hot pepper flakes
- Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily! Add the shrimp, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
- When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by GeorgiaRaby and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note