Linguine With Shrimp, Artichokes, and Crispy Bread Crumbs
For an easy shortcut, omit the sautéed panko bread crumbs and sprinkle the pasta with crushed store-bought croutons instead. Recipe by Dawn Perry: April, 2012 from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/shrimp-linguini-00100000077202/index.html.
- 3/4 pound(s) linguine
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) panko bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pound(s) peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 12 ounce(s) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and halved (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bread crumbs and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper and cook, stirring, until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Mix in the parsley and transfer to a plate. Wipe out the skillet.
- 3. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts and crushed red pepper and cook, tossing, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4. Add the shrimp mixture and reserved cooking water to the pasta and cook over medium heat, tossing, until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve the pasta sprinkled with the bread crumb mixture.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note