Linguine with scallops brown butter and peas
- 1/2 cup(s) Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon zest finely grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 12 ounce(s) whole wheat linguine
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas
- 1-1 1/2 pound(s) sea scallops Patted dry
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh tarragon chopped
- heat overn to 350 degress. On rimmed baking sheet toss the bread crumbs and lemon zest with 1 TBSP oil and some salt and pepper. Bake tossing once until golden 6-8 minutes let cool.
- Meanwhile cook the linquine according to the package directions adding peas during the last minute of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water and drain the pasta. Reserve pot.
- Meanwhile heat remaining TBSP oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Season the scallops with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper and cook until golden brown on one side about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and cook until opaque throughout 1 to 2 minute3s more.
- wipe out pasta pot and cook the butter over medium high heat stirring constantly until golden 3 to 4 minutes. Add pasta, peas, scallops, tarragon salt and 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid and toss to coat. add more cooking liquid if it seems dry. Serve sprinkled with toasted bread crumbs.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by greimer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note