Linguine with Roasted Garlic Cream
Community Recipe from
- 2 large heads garlic
- 1 cup(s) oilive oil plus more if needed
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 pound(s) fresh pasta such as linguine
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup(s) creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese preferably Parmigiano Reggiano divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes plus more if desired
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley chopped, divided
- Arrange a rack at center position and preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Smash heads of garlic with your hand to break them into cloves. Lightly smash cloves with the back of a large knife so that the paper coating is loosened. Then remove and discard coating. Place cloves in a 2-cup or similar size oven-proof ramekin and pour olive oil over cloves to cover completley, adding more oil if needed. Cover tightly with a double thickness of aluminum foil and bake until cloves are very tender when pierced with a sharp knife and light golden, about 30 minutes. Watch carefully toward the end of the cooking time.
- Remove cloves with a slotted spoon to a mixing bowl and add 1/2 cup of the oil in which they were roasted and the butter. Smash the garlic with a fork to combine well with butter and oil. Garlic mixutre can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool, cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature 30 minutes before using.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add linguine and 1 tablespoon salt. Cook paste until just tender, 4 - 5 minutes or according to package directions, then drain in a colander and return to the pot. Add garlic mixture and creme fraiche; toss well to combine. Stir in half of the Parmesan, !/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and 1/2 cup of the parsley. Mix well. Taste and season with salt and with a pinch or two more of red pepper flakes if desired.
- Mound pasta in 4 shallow bowl and sprinkle each serving with some remaining Parmesan and parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MTN326 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes