Excellent recipe. I used the "basic marinara sauce" for this recipe. Instead of tomato sauce. Turned out great and more flavorful. That is why I did not give it 5 stars. This recipe will be one of our favorites. Excellent for company.
Linguine with Red Clam Sauce
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 628
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 95g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 956mg
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 4 (6 oz.) cans chopped clams in juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine, stirring often, until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain thoroughly in a colander.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in red wine and boil until syrupy, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and clams with their juice and heat until simmering, about 10 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and parsley to clam sauce in skillet. Toss to coat pasta thoroughly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note