Linguine with Radicchio
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 342
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Protein: 9.4g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 51g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 29mg
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- 8 ounces dried linguine
- 12 ounces radicchio (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion (8 oz.), peeled and cut into thin slivers
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped Italian parsley (optional)
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart covered pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil. Add linguine, stir to separate, and cook, uncovered, until barely tender to bite, about 9 minutes. Drain, reserving about 1 cup cooking water. Rinse and dry pan.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut off bases of radicchio heads; rinse and drain leaves. Cut leaves into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- 3. Set the pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add olive oil, onion, and garlic. Stir often until onion begins to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Add radicchio and vinegar; stir until radicchio is limp, 1 to 2 minutes. Add cream, linguine, and enough of the reserved cooking water to moisten as desired. Stir until pasta is hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Add cheese and salt and pepper to taste; mix gently.
- 4. Transfer linguine to a serving bowl or plates. Sprinkle with parsley. Offer more cheese to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This