Love this recipe - it's easy, tasteful and great for a group of people. I would recommend serving with a salad and garlic / cheese bread.
Linguine with Meat Sauce Casserole
More From Southern Living
Other: 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 398
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 7.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 874mg
- Calcium: 339mg
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine*
- 1 (16-ounce) container nonfat sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Cook beef and garlic in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain beef mixture; pat dry with paper towels.
- Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients; simmer 30 minutes. Set meat sauce aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil; drain. Place pasta in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Stir together sour cream, cream cheese, and green onions. Spread over linguine. Top with meat sauce.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes.
- * Regular linguine may be substituted.
- ** To lower sodium, omit the salt and use reduced-sodium canned tomato porducts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This