- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine*
- 1 (16-ounce) container nonfat sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- calories 398
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 13 g
- satfat 7.4 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 26 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 45 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 874 mg
- calcium 339 mg
How to Make It
Cook beef and garlic in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain beef mixture; pat dry with paper towels.
Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients; simmer 30 minutes. Set meat sauce aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil; drain. Place pasta in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Stir together sour cream, cream cheese, and green onions. Spread over linguine. Top with meat sauce.
Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes.
* Regular linguine may be substituted.
** To lower sodium, omit the salt and use reduced-sodium canned tomato porducts.