Very good...made it with the scallops. Added red peppers flakes to sauce to punch it up.
Linguine with Gremolada
- Grated zest from 2 large lemons (about 2 teaspoons)
- Grated zest from 1 orange (about 2 teaspoons)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pound linguine
- 1. In a small glass or stainless-steel bowl, mix together the grated lemon and orange zests, the garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- 2. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the linguine until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain and toss with the sauce.
- Variations: Linguine with Gremolada and Crab: Toss 1/2 pound of lump crabmeat, picked free of any shell, with the linguine and the gremolada.
- Linguine with Gremolada and Shrimp: Add 1/2 pound of peeled uncooked medium shrimp to the pasta during the last 1 minute of cooking time.
- Linguine with Gremolada and Scallops: Season 1/2 pound of sea scallops with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over moderately high heat and cook the scallops for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Top the pasta with the scallops.
- Wine Recommendation: The acidity in this dish will pair well with a light, simple white wine. Among the many good choices are vinho verde from Portugal and fendant from Switzerland.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes